Windows Server 2022 Standard
The new Windows Server is here. Introducing a flexible application platform with multi-layer security and hybrid capabilities with Azure. Buy it today!
Windows Server 2022 Standard is the new leading server operating system, and it has several unique features that will make your business thrive. Not only does Windows Server 2022 offer fast performance as a reliable workhorse for all types of businesses, but also offers specific benefits to industries, too.
Here are some of the key features you’ll get instant access to upon purchasing and installing the new Windows Server 2022 operating system:
- Better scalability. A physical server can now have 48 TB of RAM, 64 sockets with 2048 Logical Processors (cores), and Hyperthreaded cores for up to 12TB of memory per VM! This provides great benefits for companies that need large VMs to run large databases.
- Improved Windows Admin Center. Now, the Windows Admin Center has the ability to report on how Secured-core features are enabled and which ones can be activated. It can also provide access where necessary, so you can enable a feature if it is not already active.
- Rebootless patching. Windows Server 2022 brings rebootless patching, which allows patches to be applied without requiring a restart. This improves uptime and reduces the need for maintenance windows during updates.
- Trusted Platform Module. TPM provides storage for security data, such as your Bitlocker keys. It works with Secure Boot to ensure that all boot software (UEFI firmware and EFI applications) haven’t been overturned by a rootkit.
- Virtualization-based security. VBS is a new technique that helps to keep your server safe from attacks. Credential Guard protects passwords and other sensitive information, and Hypervisor-protected code integrity makes sure that your computer systems are safe.
- Memory protection. The new Control Flow Guard protects your server against malicious applications corrupting the memory of legitimate programs. Additionally, Boot Direct Memory Access (DMA) protection stops attacks against Bitlocker and other security technologies that rely on storing data in memory while the system is running.
- More security enhancements. There are even more of the latest security functions that you can find on Windows Server 2022, including TLS 1.3 being enabled by default across your servers.
- Better Storage Migration Service. Enhancements to Storage Migration Service in Windows Server 2022 makes it easier for admins to migrate storage from more source locations.
The new Windows Server 2022 operating system requires a minimum amount of resources to function efficiently. To run this server OS properly, having more than the minimum requirements will ensure that your device is set up correctly for scalability.
- Processor: Minimum 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor compatible with the x64 instruction set is required. The processor must support security features like DEP and NX Bit.
- Memory (RAM): The minimum requirement for your server’s RAM is a total of 512MB. ECC (Error Correcting Code) must be included.
- Disk space: You require at least 32GB available harddisk space to install Windows Server 2022 Standard. The installation of the GUI will require an additional 4GB of space.
- Network adapters: The network adapters on your computer should have a 1 gigabit per second ethernet adapter and be PCI Express compatible.
- Other requirements:
- You need to have a UEFI 2.3.1c-based system and firmware that supports the Secure Boot feature.
- A Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is required to use certain features of Windows Server 2022 such as BitLocker Drive Encryption.
- A graphics device and monitor with a resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher is necessary for this product.
- A keyboard and a mouse (or other compatible pointing devices) are required.
- If you plan on installing Windows Server 2022 via disk media, your PC should have a DVD drive.